Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Hungarian Brass CD Will Soon Be Released!

Sounds great! I cannot contain my excitement! The title of the latest CD release from The Hungarian Brass is called "Faithfulness". We are dedicating it in the memory of the co-founder of this group, Gaal Laszlo. Together, Laci and I started The Hungarian Brass in 1991. He was one of my dearest friends. Laci went to be with the Lord quite suddenly in September, 2006. It was totally unexpected as no one knew that he was suffering from heart disease. He is greatly missed by his wife, family and friends.

He was in our home just a few days before his death. Laci and I had a deep conversation that covered many topics. At the end of our talk we prayed together, first me, then Laci. When we stood I gave him a hug and told him how much I thought of him and how I valued our friendship. Let me tell you . . . I am SO glad that I did that . . . I had no idea that it was to be our last time talking and praying together . . .

So, based upon Matthew 25:23, "Well done, good and faithful servant," we honor our dear friend. "Faithfulness" is a term that describes Laci quite well! He was faithful to His Lord, to his wife, to his family, to his church, to his work and to his friends. His work ethic was unbelievable! His ability to play the french horn . . . unsurpassed, in my opinion.

Something that is very special to me is that Laci's son is playing the french horn in The Hungarian Brass. Laci Jr. is playing his instrument beautifully . . . his father would be so proud.

Despite the loss of our friend, our colleague and our mentor, The Hungarian Brass continues to serve in Europe and abroad. This weekend we will serve in two churches here in Hungary in Veresegyhaz and in Szada. Next month, we will be on tour in the United States. Check back for a schedule that I will post soon.

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home