Sunday, September 09, 2007

Youth Camp in Slovakia--Stay Tuned!!

Friday was a long-g-g day!! Whew! I drove from Budapest to Bratislava to meet with Tomas Kriska, President of the Baptist Union in Slovakia. Tomas is a dear friend and I have been helping him with the renovation at Rackova Dolina, at a conference center, in Slovakia. I am glad to help with this because there needs to be a top quality Christian conference center in that country to reach out to families and to churches and their leaders. But, there needs to be a youth camp in Slovakia and this desire has been on my heart for three years.

The drive to Banska Bystrica gave us a couple of hours to talk. It was a profitable time together. Tomas is a man who has a heart for God and we have great fellowship together.

Banska Bystrica is centrally located in Slovakia nestled in the Tatra Mountains. It is a ski center as well as a great place for hiking in warmer weather.

We met with two other men to discuss the development of a youth camp near there. This conversation was timely and orchestrated by God. It was a special moment! In my 18 years in Hungary and Eastern Europe I have had several "special moments" that produce great results. God is at work!

The next step is another meeting to be held there on October 23 or 30 with a group of leaders from several denominations. I think it is important to cast a vision and ask others to join together to form an association to bring about a youth camp.

There is a camp property and the owner attended the meeting on Friday. He has a great desire to reach young people through a youth camp. He has asked for my leadership to develop this youth camp. So, I am counting on our supporters and friends to pray for Lynne and me.

The drive back home, three hours, gave me time to reflect and make plans. Lynne and I looked at the potential camp site two years ago and our hearts were racing! A series of events had us waiting and praying. Now, it seems that the Lord is bringing the situation around to involve others who have a burden for a Christian youth camp in Slovakia. The timing seems "right" now.

Stay tuned! I will keep you posted!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home