Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Personal News

7 crowns, 2 bridges and 1 root canal . . . just think if I had not given up eating/drinking sugar 8 years ago! Last week I had the drilling for the crown work and one temporary bridge put in. Tomorrow I will have the final crown work done and the permanent bridge in. Whew! The Hungarian dentist, Dr. Sandor Harmati, is fantastic. Last week, he was drilling for one hour and 50 minutes on three of my teeth to do the crown work. That's a long time to be drilling!

I thought his watch band was starting to cut my forehead. When I could finally take a look I realized that he did not have a watch on, instead, it was his wrist bone pressing into my forehead. The dear man must have been working so hard! I asked him if he was becoming tired. "No, last week a woman from Great Britain was in here and had just one day to do 11 teeth. Unfortunately, these 11 teeth were in different places in her mouth. She could hardly talk afterwards!" he said with a laugh. Goodness!

By the way, the dentist was wearing a plastic shield that covered his entire face. I jokingly asked if he thought he was going to find asbestos in my mouth. He laughed and told me that he was taking out large portions of mercury from my old fillings. Yep, poisonous material from yesteryear. I felt better about the dental work knowing that they stuff was coming out of my mouth!

OK, how about some ministry news?

Sunday was great! I preached in three meetings in two churches and The Hungarian Brass was with me for the entire day. We played about 35 songs! Think about it, I played my trombone with this temporary crown piece on my upper front teeth applying pressure on the trombone mouthpiece. God certainly helped me! In fact, we had a practice on Saturday afternoon for two plus hours and I thought that I could hardly get through the first hour of practice. So much pain! But, the second hour went much better as the Lord helped me on Saturday. He helped again on Sunday. It was a LONG day! But, it was a good one! Really good! The people in these churches love music and they love preaching.

Pray for two teenagers who were in one of the meetings on Sunday. Both heard the Gospel and both carefully considered making a decision, but neither one made a decision for Christ. I could tell that they were struggling. Pray that they will make this decision this week!

Personal news and ministry news . . . they both go together because God uses imperfect people to accomplish His task in this world. That goes for me and for you as well!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home