Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Heading to Montenegro

This summer 7 young people made decisions for Christ. 5 of them were boy between the ages of 16 and 26. 2 were young girls 7 and 12. Tomorrow Lynne and I are traveling down to Montenegro to do follow-up and to encourage these new believers. Also, there are a few others who seem to be interested in having a relationship with Christ.

During camp in August I talked with one young man who is a leader at the basketball court where we visited each night for nine days. I told him that he seems to have an interest in Christ, but, that he is running from this. He speaks English and he said, "Really, well, watch me run right now!" And, he did! He literally ran away from me. :) I saw him the next day and I told him that we are coming back in September. His response was mixed in that he admits he is "running away", but that he is glad that we are coming back.

In fact, I heard from our granddaughter [who is using "messenger" to keep up contact with many of the campers and workers] that the young people there are talking about us coming back! That is super!

So, I will go back to this basketball court and hang out when the 30 to 55 young people who show up each evening. At least 6 of the converts from camp will be there. The court is illuminated and I usually stay there for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours from about 8 PM to 10:30 PM building relationships. Pray for this!

We will try to organize pizza at the church or somewhere in order to get the campers together for fellowship. We need to build bridges from the church to these young people. I will speak to them to encourage them in their faith for the new believers and to remind the others how to start a relationship with Christ.

Check back for another Montenegro report in a couple of days.

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home