Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Quite a Blessing!

This past Sunday I received quite a blessing! A young lady in her twenties came up to me after the church meeting and shared her story with me. She told how her sister came to our youth camp years ago. Her sister had been invited by some ladies from a local church telling about a youth camp where she could learn English, play sports and meet some nice Americans. So, her sister accepted the camp scholarship and came to us. This young teenager accepted Jesus Christ as her personal savior.

She returned home after camp and told her sister about all of her experiences. Finally, she told her sister that she now had a personal relationship with Christ and that her sister just HAD to make this same decision. [Note, I remember asking the young people to return to their homes to tell their brothers and sister or their parents about their decision to receive Christ].

Well, this young lady who was talking with me said, "I thought you would like to hear this story because I made the same decision that my sister who had come to your youth camp had made. I am so thankful that I made that decision. And, thank you, Eric Murphy, for coming to Hungary to start a youth camp and to have this possibility for my sister and me. Also, you might like to know that my mother has also made this decision. It happened about two years ago. It tooks us several years for my sister and me to talk to her about doing this. Finally, she made this decision. My father has not done this yet, but, it is good news that three of us in our family are now believers."

Wow! I was thrilled beyond measure! Quite a blessing for me!

That just makes you want to continue, to not give up, to keep sharing, to keep telling . . . YES!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home