Monday, March 24, 2008

Long Day in Montenegro!

Missionary church planter, Rick Hughes, gave me a place to catch some winks last night before getting up at 3:30 AM to catch a plane from Podgorica, Montenegro to Budapest, Hungary. I turned in my rental car at the airport at 4:30 AM after which I learned that my flight had been cancelled.

The new plan called for me to catch a flight on Adria Air to Ljubljana, Slovenia at 3:15 in the afternoon. LONG WAIT! A really long wait! Unfortunately, the airport in Montenegro is very low tech. Wait, check that, no tech! LONG WAIT!

Now I am in Slovenia and I hope to catch my Malev flight (Hungarian airlines) to Budapest to arrive at 8:30 this evening. The original flight plan called for me to arrive in Budapest at 6:30 AM! What a difference!

But, God had a reason for this! That's the latest with me . . .

Eric

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gotta love the Podgorica airport! My husband use to be a policeman there. They use to play video games and sleep during the graveyard shift. That tells you how exciting it is there at night.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Eric Murphy said...

Yes, you got that one right! Thanks for writing! Do you two still live in Podgorica? ericwmurphy@gmail.com

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a similar problem - they cancelled our flight to Belgrade and hadn't been able to tell us to come for an earlier flight. Fortunately, the later flight they got us on arrived just in time to catch our also delayed connecting flight to London so we arrived pretty much when we were meant to! Lesson learnt - always call the airline before setting off for the airport!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home