Friday, September 14, 2007

In Montenegro!

Perhaps you remember the incident at the basketball court this summer where a lady screamed at me calling me a sect. She wadded up the camp flyer and crammed it down my shirt. Then, her friend spit at me. That was right before camp started! Wow! Well, I went back to the same ball court last night and tonight . . . without incident.

We are here to do follow-up on some of the campers who made decisions at Camp Monty 2007. So far, I have met with three of them and the response was very good. I will speak in the church here in Niksic on Sunday morning. Tonight I invited these campers and other young people who were at the ball court to come to listen to me speak. Pray for this!

Today, Lynne and I visited people at the hotel where we had the camp and we were warmly greeted with big smiles. We also visited the man who oversees the gymnasium where we had the basketball training. I told him that we plan to come back next July . . . big smile and a firm handshake. He was glad to hear this.

Also, I bumped into a man whose son was playing at another basketball court that we visited this summer. He was so glad to see me and was very happy that I had come back to his city. One of our basketball coaches, Rob Oppedisano, visited this man and his family in his home the day after camp ended. This Montenegro man was so grateful for this visit because Rob was giving personalized instruction to this man's son who is an excellent young basketball player. This young player has NBA potential if he can grow a few more inches. He came to our camp toward the end of the week.

Tomorrow, more visits with these young people and another trip to the ball court, actually, to both ball courts that I have mentioned.

Sunday . . . I speak two times . . . once in Niksic and once in Podgorica, the capital city. Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home