Friday, February 08, 2008

What Am I Into Right Now?

I am focusing on several things. I am gearing up to do some writing. More on this later.

I am walking about 3.5 miles a day, taking vitamins. I am just about ready to start doing some exercises . . . takes me a while to get in the rhythm for doing this.

Of course, there are daily disciplines . . . reading the Bible, praying, reading books, etc.

I am speaking often in Hungarian churches; mainly the Brethren churches right now . . . messages to encourage the believers. It seems there is a great need for this. So, study time is necessary to prepare messages.

Behind the scenes ministry counseling/advising/encouraging several young adults on a daily basis or weekly basis soaks up quite a bit of my time. This is SO important. Young adults need encouragement . . . someone to believe in them. They have so much potential!

Taking over our website has taken a chunk of time and there is quite a learning curve. But, it feels good to have the website up to date. My blog site is an avenue to communicate and provides opportunity for ministry as well as informing donors/friends as to what I am doing or thinking. I want to add video to my blog site.

I am also quite active on Facebook, a social utility on the internet, which builds relationships. It seems to me that Facebook is a bridge to the future to minister to Generation X-ers or Millennials depending upon who uses which term. Ages 15 to 35 . . . want to do something, will sacrifice to do it and they believe that they can make a difference. We should capitalize on this and immobilize them . . . back to my earlier statement about me counseling young adults.

In addition, [as well as subtraction, division and multiplication] there is a lot to look after regarding a 501[c]3 organization [our mission]!

Camp Monty 2008, the youth camp in Montenegro, is in the process of being organized such as recruiting basketball coaches/players, English language teachers, somebody to teach crafts and starting to raise scholarships for needy campers.

Actually, there are a number of projects that holds my attention:

--Organizing meetings/concerts for The Hungarian Brass
--Another recording [it's a surprise!]
--Working on our support [the weak dollar is hurting the missionaries all over the world]
--Calendar Planning
--Recruiting work teams to renovate a conference center in Rackova Dolina, Slovakia for this fall
--Website improvement with the help of Laci Gaal Jr.
--Checking out Constant Contact or iContact or some similar program for bulk email for the Eric Murphy Update
--There’s more, but, the list is long enough for this blog posting. Gotta get to work!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home