Friday, April 25, 2008

Odyssey of my Suitcase

Flying British Air from the States via London, I arrived in Budapest, Hungary on March 8, 2008. My suitcase arrived . . .


April 24, 2008


48 days later my suitcase arrived at my home.

Where has it been?

My wife checked with customer service and we learned that San Jose, California was listed as part of my schedule. I have never been in San Jose in my life! Did my luggage go there?

British Air opened Terminal 5 and have a chaotic start. But, my flight was on March 7 and 8 and Terminal 5 opened March 30 or so. More than 30,000 pieces of luggage piled up at Heathrow Airport and British Air shipped all of this luggage to Milan, Italy for sorting.

British Air turned to the Italians for organizational help? What? The Italians? Uh, no comment. Did my bag go to Milan? Who knows?

But, my suitcase arrived on April 24! Certain items were very important to me such as computer programs for my new laptop and a spare laptop battery . . . my toothbrush, my razor, you know, the essentials. 48 days!!

I was so excited when it arrived at my home. In my excitement I did not open to see if everything was still in my suitcase. Later, my wife asked me about my new shoes. Oh no, gone! What else is missing? I can't remember everything that was in my luggage. Hey, I slept since I packed it 49 days ago!

Thankful, yes, I am thankful that the essential computer programs arrived. If my new laptop crashes, I have the programs ready to re-load.

I look at my suitcase and I wonder just where it has been . . . quite an odyssey!

Eric

3 Comments:

Blogger Hosszu said...

That's a classic! ... actually no... this is better than a classic!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...sorry this happened but sure made a great story...one that is all too familiar to me!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

hmmm. . . maybe your luggage was doing missions work?
I'm the one who gave you at "title" on SMIC's facebook group, so I added your blog to my Google Reader to keep up with you guys!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home