Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Basketball Player in Montenegro: Finally Connected!

It was a safe plane flight from Podgorica, Montenegro back to Budapest, Hungary today. What takes me 16 hours by car was accomplished in one hour and five minutes by flying. I am so thankful that dear friends provided the funds to be able to do this!

Many exciting things happened while I was in Montenegro as you can see by some of my earlier posts. Then again, I had trouble finding some of the campers from Camp Monty 2008. I walked and walked trying to find some of them. I tried to contact via email, but, that did not work. Then, I noticed on Facebook that two of the players were on this program too! I was excited! I invited both of them to add me as their friends on Facebook.

When I returned to Hungary today I checked my email and I noticed that one of them accepted my invitation. We could exchange contact information and I could see what his interests are. Would you believe that he recently joined a group "I am a fan of Jesus Christ". Blew me away!

He made a decision to accept Christ this summer at camp. We had some good talks. When I went to Montenegro last week to make follow-up visits I was wondering about him as to how he is doing. What he had on Facebook encouraged me! It really encouraged me!

So, I could not find him to meet with him, but, we connected today in another way. Isn't this great?

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home