Friday, July 18, 2008

Commitment Starts With a Decision

Commitment starts with a decision. Two years ago this month I made a decision to stop drinking diet drinks . . . Pepsi, Coke, etc. I have not had one drop, not one taste, for two years. Sounds like an alcoholic talking, doesn't it? Well, I am not an alcoholic.

Why did I stop? I was a Diet Pepsi-aholic! Too much! I kept reading about the side effects . . . phosphorus taking the calcium out of my bones possibly making them brittle. Oh yes, aspartame wreaks havoc with the body. So, I stopped. That was hard to do! I really enjoyed the taste.

Recently, I have been working on cutting out saccharin and aspartame. I was putting that in my iced tea or hot tea. Now, that's a new taste to acquire. I will keep you posted on how I am doing.

Why am I cutting out the man made sweeteners? I felt bad and wondered what was wrong. I am already starting to feel better. Hm-m-m! It just might be worth it! Once again, I will keep you posted.

By the way, I stopped sugar a long time ago. I wrote about this earlier. Let me bring you up to date on my progress. No sugar for the last 8 years and 10 months. Yep! Can't believe it, can you? Well, it's the truth! Really!

I find that if I make a commitment to discipline myself in one area that it helps me in other areas. I start working on a new area. Love it! It starts with a decision.

Eric

1 Comments:

Blogger rabbimeg said...

Eric,
Toni convinced me to back off on soda about 6 months ago. I drink a combo of fruit juice and seltzer water and a splash of lime instead. I do have an occasional coke/pepsi, but very rarely. I have been working out regularly and lately with an increased cardio and weight routine. I wish I could say I'm losing weight...but at least I'm maintaining. Sugars huh? Sharla has been on that kick for several years now...uses honey, etc. instead. I haven't gone that far yet!
Keith

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home