Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tribute to my mother-in-law

Mrs. Ruth Persinger Stanley is now with the Lord ... in Heaven. After suffering with Alzheimers for quite some time she entered into peace on October 1, 2009. No more Alzheimers! Lynne and I are happy for her.

Yet, she is greatly missed by many people ... her husband, Jim Stanley ... my wife, Lynne ... Lynne's siblings, Patricia, Debbie and Phil ... quite a few grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren ... extended family members ... and by many friends.

Her life message is that of quiet faithfulness. She was always pleasant even though she was always very quiet and in the background. She was always very kind to me. I was blessed to have had such a wonderful mother-in-law. There are many good memories ...

My father-in-law asked me to speak at his wife's funeral service ... not an easy task to say the least. Sharing how I had "tea" with my mother-in-law many, many times, I shared with those who attended the memorial service how much she loved her family and how she faithfully prayed for them. That is a great treasure!

Her life message reasonates with certain people ... those who are quiet and laid back ... that a quiet person can accomplish much ... touching many lives ... because of love, faithfulness and prayer.

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home