Monday, March 23, 2009

The Hungarian Brass in Godollo

Godollo is a city rich in history. "Sissy" the queen of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire spent most of her time at her castle in Godollo. Though Austrian she learned the Hungarian language to the delight of the Hungarians.

Yesterday, The Hungarian Brass were in concert in Godollo in a new church building not far from Sissy's Castle. Beautiful church! And, our guys played beautifully! Man, oh man, it was good, very good.

Sounds like I'm boasting since I play trombone in the group, but, the truth is that I am the weakest player in the group. The group is comprised of young men ranging in age from 19 to 33 [except for me, ahem!]. What a great sound! Actually, the acoustics in this new church are very good.

The meeting went on and on as the people asked to play another, then another and one more. The trumpet players were starting to tire because some of our songs are quite demanding [high notes, fast, etc.]. But, they really did well. The trombonists were great.

We recorded some of our music in an album called "Faithfulness". Let me know if you are interested and I can ship one to you. Email me at ericwmurphy@gmail.com or ericmurphy_life@hotmail.com for costs and more information. I think you will enjoy! :)

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home