Thursday, November 06, 2008

MAKING THE BEST OF BAD TIMES

This is what I have decided to do . . . Make the best of bad times! I may not be excited about the results of the recent presidential election in the United States, but I have determined to make the best of bad times.

As I read the Book of Judges, there were good times and bad times, that is, good kings and bad kings. There was judgment either during the tenure of the bad kings or shortly thereafter. There was one of two men who would have a right heart toward God and pray. That's how to make the best of bad times. That's what I will do!

My primary responsibility is to live for God, to worship Him and to serve Him. This is what I will do. I have a responsbility to my wife and to my family. I have a responsibility to others. I will live for God and serve others. This is what I will do during bad times. I am making the best of bad times.

Eric

3 Comments:

Blogger B. Hidalgo said...

Eric:

Why are you automatically assuming that we are headed for bad times? Is this because he is a Democrat? I would say there are many who could claim that last 8 years have been pretty bad times.

I like the fact that you will be praying and I hope the whole church will be, but to see the glass half-empty with no precedent . . . . hmmmmmmmm

Bumper

5:19 AM  
Blogger Paul Schmidt said...

Bumper,

I do not know what Eric was thinking about but the precedent that would indicate "bad times" is Obama's support of infanticide.

Paul

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope I'm not your only blogger respondee for the month of April. Just caught up with your March updates and once again, my heart was blessed. The way you describe the seemingly beautiful countries you minister in makes me very jealous! Maybe someday when I win the lottery (just joking!) I can begin my trip around the world to visit my missionary friends.

God bless you and Lin as you seek to serve the Lord.

Barbara

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home