Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Hungarian Brass

Today, our music group, The Hungarian Brass, gave a rousing concert here in the town where we live, Biatorbagy, Hungary. We were at the Reformed Church [Presbyterian]. The acoustics in that church are very good. Therefore, our musicians played very well as they enjoyed where they were playing. My, what a good sound! Lynne and I have been talking about the concert and we are both very excited. It was fun!

We had four trombones [including me], three trumpets and a french horn ... 8 of us all total. Lynne joined us at the keyboard. It was a strong group with a great sound. Sounds like I am boasting, but, let me tell you, I am the weakest player in the group. It was a joy for me to play with such talented musicians.

Some of the people who came had never been to a brass concert before. One woman was worried about the sound thinking it would be overwhelming with so many instruments. But, she said that she was very pleasantly surprised that the balance was so good and that the music was so enjoyable to hear. Two other ladies echoed her opinion. It was fun to put smiles on their faces.

Did I tell you that today was a great day? What fun!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home