Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Picking Up The Pace

Dr. Wendell Kempton is now with the Lord as of January 6, 2008. I will miss him very much! He was a special man of God, very special. He was a great encourager . . . he encouraged me in the development of our new mission. Someone said that Wendell Kempton had at least 10,000 "best friends" because he made so many people feel like he was their best friend. Well, I was one of the 10,000 and I considered that a great honor.

My thoughts? There are several, but the one that impresses me the most is that I need to pick up the pace. What I mean is that I need to pick up the pace as an encourager. I encourage close to 40 people on a regular basis, but I need to pick up the pace! A great encourager has passed off the scene . . . others have to pick up where he left off.

Dr. Kempton was noted for many things . . . a great visionary, an enthusiastic evangelist, a great leader, a great husband, father and grandfather and much more. The thing that sticks out to me is what this great man did to encourage others. Oh, I will miss this! But, I have to give to others what I have learned from great people! Yes!

No, I am not a Wendell Kempton nor a Jack Wyrtzen that I wrote about yesterday! Goodness, no! Please do not misunderstand me. But, I do have a sphere of influence and I have to pick up the pace!

I hope that this encourages you!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home