Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Re-Organizing My Office

For the last four days I have been re-organizing my office . . . sorting, filing, tossing, making priority lists of projects, catching up on my email inbox, etc. I have re-organized my book shelves, too. I have a group of books that I want to read in 2008 and they are lined up ready for me to read. I have been doing other things, but the priority has been clearing my desk, clearing my filing cabinets and crossing off items on a To Do List. End-of-the-year finances has had my attention for the last week and this helps me to re-organize. Calendar planning for 2008 is another agenda item that has had my attention. 2009 has been worked on as well.

A few days before Christmas I re-organized my storage area. The new PA system has its place and I can get to it easily when I need it. Materials and supplies for Camp Monty 2008 were sorted and stored. Other ministry materials were sorted and stored away. Hmm-m-m, the attic . . . I have some ministry materials in the attic that I need to go through . . . I will go up there one morning this week . . .

I know what I want to do in 2008, but, the other day it seemed to me that what I need to do is to re-organize. This will help me to focus better on the needs of people. Good way to start 2008!

By the way, the same principle works in another way. I find that every so often it is good to do a personal inventory regarding my daily disciplines . . . evaluate and re-organize. Someone once said that "The Christian life is a life of many new beginnings." It is true! After a period of time you find that an area of your life is cluttered and needs to be evaluated and re-organized. The beginning of 2008 is a good time to do this. Let's see . . . update my prayer list . . . how many chapters a day to read in my Bible . . . I already have my book reading list done . . . reviewing my list of missionaries and charities to support . . . better evaluate my physical exercise program such as walking, sit-ups, back exercises . . . how much water to drink . . . juicing fruit and vegetables . . . whew, so much to re-organize!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home