Thursday, January 24, 2008

Teaching The Old Dog New Tricks

Ever feel like this? You know, like an old dog trying to learn new tricks? Well, if you are in your 20s or 30s, maybe you never feel this way. But, I will say that sometimes the "old dog" learns a couple of new tricks!

One of our supporters set up our website [www.lifeimpactforeternity.org]. Last year, she decided to get her doctorate degree in education and had to turn over the website to . . . you guessed it, the "old dog" . . . me! She wrote some instructions and I stared at them quite a while. Something was wrong because what she wrote just wasn't working for me. Then, we connected and she set up Lynne's laptop so it could manage the website through Microsoft Front Page 2003. Well, that made a big difference!

God helped me and I learned how to upload new information to the calendar page on the website. Then, I tackled other pages including Prayer Needs, Ministry Needs, Projects . . . I was on a roll! I let out a war whoop that absolutely frightened my dear wife one night. I was so excited and made it known. I really did not mean to scare her. After the shock wore off she cheered for me!

Then, the next brick wall loomed . . . the archive file for the old Updates was in a big mess! Another email message from Barb Nesbitt, former webmaster, and I tackled this situation which looked more like a huge mountain instead of a brick wall. Five hours later I gave praise to God for His help because the archives are up to date! [I toned down the rain dance war whoop to protect my precious wife from heart failure]. But, when I told her she squealed with excitement as she was happy for me. [I think she really was surprised that the "old dog" made it this far]. Well, you and I both know that God helped me, so He gets the credit! Seriously!

Now, if I could just figure out what Barb wrote regarding uploading/changing pictures on the website . . .

Barb Nesbitt has been a terrific help and I am very thankful for all that she did to help us with the website! Thanks, Barb! Go get your doctorate!! [She has an A average so far . . . so smart!]

A Hungarian friend who is a member of The Hungarian Brass [our music group], Laci Gaal Jr. helped me recently with the website. We met one time regarding making hyperlinks for the archived updates. This "old dog" just sat there and watched the young pup moving around on the computer with blazing speed. Thanks, Laci, for your help! Hey, hey, Laci, can we meet to talk about uploading pictures to the website? And, I want to add flash! And, what about uploading videos?

The "old dog" tries to learn another new trick!

Eric

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home