Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Old Silk Road

I love history ... years ago I studied the Silk Road. Funny, how something that interested me long ago re-enters my life again.

First, there is news about China building a railroad in Iran with aspirations to go through Iraq and on to Syria. Of course, they are looking to extend their railroad from China and the route that will be used is the old, historic Silk Road. I think this has prophectical implications with Israel involved. We shall see. A railroad along the Silk Road would be huge for commerce. Huge!

Next, a people story ... 20 years ago there was a young man who was under my influence in a youth camp that I started in Hungary. 1990 or '91 ... can't remember exactly ... he made a decision that set the course for his life. You see, I am faith-based. It means that I teach about God and allow those who hear to choose to receive or reject the information. That's their choice. Well, he chose to accept this message and he embraced it in his life ... a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Cool!

Later that week there was a campfire and he made another decision ... to do whatever God would have him to do. It's a commitment and he freely chose to commit his life to God wherever God would lead him. Now, it does not mean that everyone who makes such a decision is going to move to Kyrgyzstan, but, that's what he did.

Kyrgyzstan? Yes, in fact, he went to Bishkek. Hey, there it is again, the Silk Road. Connection! Did I tell you that I love history? He's making history!

The Chinese are building an important railroad and my friend is building in people's lives. Action on the old Silk Road ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home